- Work with board advisors and/or Nutrition and Fitness Specialist to plan and implement healthy living-related programs that provide for life skill development related to food, nutrition, fitness, and overall health (including food prep, food safety, basic nutrition, healthy choices, physical activity, etc.).
- Develop decision-making, communication, planning and organization, problem-solving, leadership and service skills.
- Gain skills necessary to make and teach healthy food choices in a variety of settings.
- Gain knowledge about the sciences of food/nutrition, exercise/fitness, and understand the scientific methods used in research.
- Explore careers in dietetics and nutrition, food science, fitness/kinesiology, and other health related fields.
- Be prepared to lead Food & Fitness demos at the parish, regional, and state level.