For 4-H club members to:
- Learn more about milk and milk products and their importance to healthy bodies.
- Demonstrate communication skills by drawing a billboard encouraging or promoting the consumption of milk and/or milk products.
- Share their knowledge with others.
Co-sponsors are the Louisiana Dairy Industry Promotion Board and the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service.
Who Can Enter:
Any bonafide 4-H club member.
- Division I - 4th, 5th and 6th grades
- Division II - 7th and 8th grades
- Division III - 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grades
Official Rules And Regulations:
4-H club members are to draw a billboard that encourages or promotes the consumption of milk and milk products and their importance for health.
- Billboard design must be made on 22” x 28” regular poster board size only.
- Do Not Attach anything to the poster that is more than 1/2” thick.
- Do not use the commercial brand names of products on the poster. Do not uses jingles, slogans, signs or pictures that are trademark or copyright protected on the poster.
- Be Sure to print name, address, grade in school and parish on back of the poster in the upper right-hand corner. Please fill out the reporting form completely.
- A 4-H club member is allowed to win first place in each division Only Once.
- First place parish winning posters are due in room 201E Animal & Food Sciences Laboratory Building (AFSL) by May 7, 2021. These posters become the property of the Extension Service and will be displayed at statewide events.
School of Animal Sciences
Charles F. Hutchison
110 LSU Union Square
201E Animal & Food Sciences Laboratory Bldg.
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Other posters should be displayed in local community public places such as shopping malls, grocery stores, drug stores, banks, schools or farm stores.
Parish: Rosette ribbon to first place winners. Participation ribbons - (purple, blue or red) for each 4-H’er that draws a dairy billboard (poster).
State: A $100 check for first place State winners in Division I, II, and III. Second place State winners in each division will receive a $75 check. Third place State winners in each division will receive a $50 check.