Washington Parish Health Stats
- County Health Rankings indicates Washington Parish currently ranks 60th out of 64 Louisiana parishes based on health outcomes.
- 43% of Washington’s adult residents are obese.
- 23% of residents have diabetes.
- 37% of adults are physically inactive.
- 10% of the parish is uninsured.
- 18% of Washington’s residents report food insecurity, and 5% report limited access to healthy foods.
- Food insecurity is defined as the lack of access to a reliable source of food during the past year.
- “About half of all American adults have one or more preventable, diet-related chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and overweight and obesity.” (Dietary Guidelines for Americans)
- Over 2/3 of American adults and almost 1/3 of American children and youths are overweight or obese (Dietary Guidelines for Americans)