Terrebonne Parish Health Stats
- County Health Rankings indicates Terrebonne Parish currently ranks 23 out of 64 Louisiana parishes based on Health Outcomes and 34 out of 64 based on Health Factors.
- 42% of Terrebonne's adult residents are obese.
- 11% of residents have diabetes.
- 31% of adults are physically inactive.
- 12% of the parish is uninsured.
- 14% of Terrebonne's residents report food insecurity, and 12% report limited access to healthy foods.
- Food insecurity is defined as the lack of access to a reliable source of food during the past year.
- “About half of all American adults have one or more preventable, diet-related chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and overweight and obesity.” (Dietary Guidelines for Americans)
- Over 2/3 of American adults and almost 1/3 of American children and youths are overweight or obese (Dietary Guidelines for Americans)