Ouachita Parish Health Stats
- County Health Rankings indicates Ouachita Parish currently ranks 43 out of 64 Louisiana parishes based on Health Outcomes and 25 out of 64 based on Health Factors.
- 40% of Ouachita's adult residents are obese.
- 31% of residents are physically inactive.
- 14% of residents have diabetes.
- 8% of parish residents are uninsured.
- 19% of Ouachita's residents report food insecurity, and 14% report limited access to healthy foods.
- Food insecurity is defined as the lack of access to a reliable source of food during the past year.
- “About half of all American adults have one or more preventable, diet-related chronic diseases, including cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and overweight and obesity.” (Dietary Guidelines for Americans)
- Over 2/3 of American adults and almost 1/3 of American children and youths are overweight or obese (Dietary Guidelines for Americans).