Building Industry Professionals with Specialized Training

Patricia Skinner  |  3/22/2008 3:45:51 AM

The National Association of Home Builders offers several "designations" for industry professionals who complete specialized training. Builders who wish to distinguish themselves may consider pursuing one of these designations. Consumers who are looking for builders with specialized training can search NAHB's online directory of professionals with these designations.

Following are a few of the special designations listed on the NAHB Designations page  as of March 21, 2008 [copied directly from the NAHB Web site]:

Certified Active Adult Specialist In Housing (CAASH)
CAASH provides the essential knowledge, tools and skills–from conducting initial research to design considerations and features to servicing the customer. 

Certified Aging-In-Place Specialist (CAPS)
The CAPS designation program teaches the technical, business management and customer service skills essential to competing in the aging-in-place market.

Certified Green Professional (CGP)
The National Association of Home Builders’ Certified Green Professional Designation teaches builders, remodelers and other industry professionals techniques for incorporating green building principles into homes—without driving up the cost of construction.

Graduate Master Builder (GMB)
Graduate Master Builder (GMB) courses are more advanced with in-depth instruction geared for experienced building professionals.

Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP)
HCCP is a specialized designation for developers, property managers, asset managers and others working in the affordable housing industry.

Residential Construction Superintendent (RCS)
The RCS designation series of courses is geared toward the budding field of superintendents and can benefit current site personnel wishing to excel in this position.

Related Information on the NAHB Web site:

Rate This Article:

Have a question or comment about the information on this page?

Innovate . Educate . Improve Lives

The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture