Phase 2 of the Master Farmer Program consists of an in-person or virtual tour of a demonstration farm or research station where specific BMPs are discussed and demonstrated. Speakers from the LSU AgCenter, NRCS, LDAF, as well as industry personnel, present information on conservation, water quality, BMPs, commodity-specific topics and industry-related issues. Participants that attend/watch the entire event will qualify for Phase 2 and Continuing Education Credit (CEC).
2022 Trainings/Field Days
In-person and virtual field days listed (including previously recorded field days) are eligible for Phase 2 credit with the completion of a Phase 2 Registration/Sign-in form (listed under Forms on the home page).
**Additional field days and workshops will be posted as details are confirmed.**
- March 2 - Soil Health/Cover Crop Field Day, Northeast Research Station, St. Joe, LA (contact James Hendrix at 318-235-7198)
- March 12 - Spring Acadiana Beef Cattle Producers Field Day, Iberia Research Station, Jeanerette, 8:30am
- March 31 - Soil Health Field Day, Cody Beaver's Farm, Franklin parish
- April 20 - Wheat, Oat, and Cover Crop Field Day, Macon Ridge Research Station, Winnsboro 8:30am
- April 21 - Dean Lee Research Station Beef & Forage Field Day, Dean Lee Research Station, Alexandria 2:30-5:00pm
- April 28 - Northwest Beef Cattle & Forage Field Day, Red River Research Station, Bossier 8:30am-2pm (contact Randall Mallette at 318-357-2224).
- May 6 - LSU AgCenter Wildlife Forum & Field Day, Macon Ridge Research Station, Winnsboro 8:00am registration
- June 29 - H. Rouse Caffey Rice Research Station Field Day, Rayne, 7:30am
- July 6 - Regenerate, Restore, Reclaim Soil Health Meeting in Rice Production, Acadia Parish Extension Office, Crowley at 5:00pm (call 337-783-2061 to pre-register)
- July 12 - BMP Cotton & Grain Model Farm Field Day, Newellton, 8:30am
- July 20 - Sugar Research Station Field Day, Sugar Research Station, St. Gabriel 8:30am
- September 1 - Water Quality and Irrigation Workshop, Red River Research Station, Bossier, 8:30am-noon
- September 15 - LSU AgCenter Northeast Region Beef and Forage Field Day, J&S Cattle Farm, 6511 Mer Rouge Rd, Bastrop, 8:30am (call 318-368-2999 for more information)
- September 20 - Best Management Practices in Sugarcane Field Day, Dugas Farm, 5591 Hwy 1, Napoleonville, 8:30am-noon
- November 2 - Regenerate, Restore, Reclaim Rice/Cover Crop meeting, 2823 Redich Rd., Eunice, 8:30am
- December 2 - Louisiana Forage Conference, State Evac Shelter, Alexandria, 9am-1pm
2022 Virtual Field Days
2021 Virtual Field Days
2020 Virtual Field Days