Upon receiving certification, a producer is required to complete 6 hours of Continuing Education Credits (CEC) per calendar year to maintain that certification. Each function is approximately 3 hours of credit (unless it is an extended, all-day or multiple-day event) and must be submitted to the LA Master Farmer Program Coordinator by December 31st of each year.
After the 5-year certification time has expired, the producer then has the option to re-certify and must have their farm's RMS level conservation plan updated through the USDA NRCS local office. If you are a certified Master Farmer and would like to apply for re-certification, please contact your local District Conservationist and request an updated RMS plan.
To submit your annual CECs, you may fill out this FORM to receive credit. If you have been unable to attend any events in person, you may watch any of the virtual field days below and submit that information on the form.
ALL Phase 1 and Phase 2 events will also qualify for CECs. In addition to these, additional approved events and functions are listed below:
- LSU AgCenter parish production meetings (individual parishes)
- Annual corn, cotton and soybean forums (northeast Louisiana)
- Commodity conferences at annual LA Farm Bureau Convention, New Orleans
- Dean Lee Research & Extension Row Crop/Beef Cattle Field Day, Alexandria
- Rice Research Station Field Day, Crowley
- Northeast Row Crop Field Day, St. Joe
- Sugarcane Field Day, St. Gabriel
- Cotton and Rice Conservation Tillage Conference
- Annual La. Conservation District Meeting
- Annual Louisiana Cattlemen's Association Mtg.
- Grass Land Coalition Initiative tours (various locations around state)
- NRCS Soil Quality Workshops (various locations around state)
- LSU AgCenter Wheat, Oat, and Cover Crop Field Day
- Acadiana Cattle Producers Spring Field Day
- Evangeline Parish Rice Field Day, Mamou area
- Southwest La. Rice Field Day, Fenton/Welsh area
- Acadia Parish/RRS South Farm Field Day, Crowley
- Vermilion Parish Rice Field Day, Gueydan area
List of Virtual Field Days for CEC Credit:
2022 Virtual Field Days
2021 Virtual Field Days
2020 Virtual Field Days
Specific Dates for CEC Credit:
- August 27 - LSU AgCenter Wildlife & Forestry Forum, Grand Cane, LA, 8am-12noon (contact Joshua Salley at 318-872-0533 for information)
- Southern Cover Crop Council Conference, February 14-15, 2023, Crowne Plaza Hotel, Baton Rouge
*If you are unsure if an event or function qualifies for credit, please contact Donna Gentry at 318-613-9278 or James Hendrix at 318-236-7198.