Meeting Registration is Now Closed!
We have reached maximum capacity for the LSU AgCenter's Industrial Hemp Informational Meeting on November 13, so registration is now closed.
If you were unable to register for the event, please plan to join us for our next meeting in Spring 2020. Future meeting announcements will be posted on this website.
All information presented at the meeting on November 13 will be available here approximately two weeks after the event.
Program Status Summary
- Louisiana did not participate in the industrial hemp pilot project program authorized by the 2014 Farm Bill and, therefore, no legal production can occur in the state at this time.
- The Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry (LDAF) must submit a state industrial hemp plan to be approved by USDA and adopt regulations for the administration of the program.
- It is anticipated that Louisiana’s state plan will be approved by the USDA and regulations will be in place to accommodate the 2020 planting season.
- Industrial hemp producers, processors, and transporters will be required to possess an annually approved license from LDAF prior to participation.
- LDAF will begin accepting license applications once the state plan is approved and regulations are in place.