Thank you for a successful meeting!
Presentations from the LSU AgCenter's Industrial Hemp Informational Meeting that was held in Alexandria, Louisiana, on November 13th can be found below.
Program Status Summary
- Louisiana did not participate in the industrial hemp pilot project program authorized by the 2014 Farm Bill and, therefore, no legal production can occur in the state at this time.
- The Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry (LDAF) must submit a state industrial hemp plan to be approved by USDA and adopt regulations for the administration of the program.
- It is anticipated that Louisiana’s state plan will be approved by the USDA and regulations will be in place to accommodate the 2020 planting season.
- Industrial hemp producers, processors, and transporters will be required to possess an annually approved license from LDAF prior to participation.
- LDAF will begin accepting license applications once the state plan is approved and regulations are in place.