Louisiana 4-H Draw-A-Dairy Billboard Contest
Purpose: For 4‑H club members to:
1. Learn more about milk and milk products & their importance to healthy bodies
2. Demonstrate communication skills by drawing a billboard encouraging or promoting the consumption of milk and/or milk products
3. Share their knowledge with others
Sponsors: Co‑sponsors are the Louisiana Dairy Industry Promotion Board & the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service.
Who Can Enter: Any bonafide 4‑H club member.
Division I ‑ 4th, 5th & 6th grades
Division II ‑ 7th & 8th grades
Division III ‑ 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th grades
Official Rules & Regulations:
4‑H club members are to draw a billboard that encourages or promotes the consumption of milk & milk products from Dairy Cattle Only & their importance for health.
1. Billboard design must be made on 22” x 28” regular poster board size only.
2. Do Not Attach anything to the poster that is more than 1/2” thick.
3. Do not use the commercial brand names of products on the poster. Do not use jingles, slogans, signs or pictures that are trademark or copyright protected on the poster.
4. Be Sure to print name, address, grade, school & parish on back of the poster in the upper right‑hand corner.
5. A 4‑H club member is allowed to win first place in each division Only Once.
6. Posters are due to the Ouachita 4-H office by Monday, April 10.
7. Parish winners will be awarded cash prizes: 1st place - $25; 2nd place - $15; & 3rd place - $10. First place parish winning poster will move to the state level. These posters become the property of the Extension Service & will be displayed at statewide events.
8. Other posters should be displayed in local community public places such as shopping malls, grocery stores, drug stores, banks, schools or farm stores.
State: A $100 check for first place State winners in Division I, II, & III. Second place State winners in each division will receive a $75 check. Third place State winners in each division will receive a $50 check.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture