Flavors of Health is a nutrition education and health program with a community focus.
Who We Serve:
Flavors of Health has a presence in each of the five AgCenter regions, with nutrition agents who are available to engage with their communities.
- Our program serves Louisiana's adults, promoting healthful diets and positive lifestyles to prevent or manage chronic disease and to improve quality of life.
- We also conduct programs for our youth, emphasizing cooking skills and preparation of healthful meals and snacks.
What We Do:
Flavors of Health uses the latest science and best-practices to help you and your family manage your nutrition-related health challenges.
- We focus on healthy eating and physical activity.
- We provide virtual and on-site classes, presentations, workshops and educational materials to encourage healthier food and fitness behaviors. This includes cooking skills, grocery shopping strategies, small goal setting, exercise and physical activity guidance, healthy habit development, weight management and diet-disease links.
- We strive to deliver timely responses to your questions on general nutrition issues and trends.
- Break up with Salt (hypertension management)
- Dining with Diabetes (diabetes management)
- Small Changes/Healthy Habits (improving health; reducing risk to chronic diseases)
- Smart Portions (weight management)
Presentations and Workshops:
- Cooking with Small Appliances
- Mediterranean Diet
- MyPlate and Dietary Guidelines
- Heart Health
- Weight Management
- Chronic Disease Prevention
- Kid's Cooking
- Being Physically Active
- Shopping on a Budget
- Food Safety
- Whole Grains
- Cooking/Recipe Demonstrations
- Lunch and Learn Presentations
- Farmers Market Activities
- Grocery Store Tours
- ... and more!
Ouachita & Union Parishes
Elizabeth Gollub, Nutrition Specialist
School of Nutrition and Food Sciences