(10/07/19) OAK GROVE, La. — A series of seven meetings will be held this month across the state to explain the 2018 Farm Bill.
LSU AgCenter economist Mike Deliberto will provide details on the farm bill’s Price Loss Coverage and Agricultural Risk Coverage.
A representative of the U.S. Department of Agriculture will explain the legislative changes to the farm bill, with an overview of PLC and ARC programs and how to document and report information required by USDA.
The meetings will be held on the following dates:
- Oct. 22 from 8 to 11 a.m. at the LSU AgCenter West Carroll Parish extension office, 195A Community Road in Oak Grove.
- Oct. 22 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the LSU AgCenter Macon Ridge Research Station, 212A Macon Ridge Road in Winnsboro.
- Oct. 23 from 8 to 11 a.m., at the Avoyelles Parish extension office, 8592 Louisiana Highway 1, Mansura.
- Oct. 29 from 8 to 11 a.m. at Rayville Civic Center, 827 Louise St., Rayville.
- Oct. 29 from 4 to 7 p.m. at LSU AgCenter Red River Research Station, 262 Research Station Drive, Bossier City.
- Oct. 30 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the LSU AgCenter DeWitt Livestock Facility on U.S. Highway 71 south of Alexandria.
- Oct. 31 from 8 to 11 a.m. at the LSU AgCenter Acadia Parish extension office, 157 Cherokee Drive, Crowley.
For more information, contact Deliberto at 225-578-7267.