4-H Entrepreneurship Poem:
In a world of doers, makers, movers and shakers…
The Nation Knows
that Louisiana 4-H is building a new generation of
crafters, builders, bakers and tailors
So for our brave students,
4-H hobbyists and dreamers, alike
This one’s for You, with the “big ideas” & entrepreneurial spirits
Those who dream of owning their own business!
Deep in 4-H project work, you will find your spark, so
We want to prepare You to make Your Mark!
4-H Projects are a Pathway to Entrepreneurship
Step 1: Brainstorm ideas…
- Think of needs that you’ve noticed in your community.
- What skills do you have that could help address those needs or solve a problem?
Step 2: Make a plan…
- Who can you serve, and who will your customers be?
- How can you serve them with the skills and resources that you already have?
- What makes your product or service unique?
- How much will you charge for your product or service? (Key Considerations: supply expenses and time involved)
- Will you charge an hourly fee, or a fee per product or job?
- How will you promote your business to reach potential customers?
Step 3: Dream…
Set specific financial goals to achieve your spending, saving and sharing dreams.
- Spending: What’s one thing that you’ve been wanting to purchase?
- Saving: What are some things that you want to do in the future?
- Sharing: How can you share your resources with your community?