Johnny Morgan | 7/11/2016 7:15:51 PM
(07/11/16) BATON ROUGE, La. – The LSU AgCenter and the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry will sponsor a value-added dairy products meeting at the Southeast Research Station in Franklinton on Aug. 12.
Registration will begin at 9 a.m., and the program will conclude at 2:30 p.m. Lunch will be served.
The AgCenter is looking for ways to use its Food Incubator to develop dairy products with added value, said Louise Wicker, director of the School of Nutrition and Food Sciences.
Phil Elzer, AgCenter associate vice president and program leader for animal sciences, and Mike Strain, commissioner of the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, will speak at the event.
Other program topics will include:
– Trends and opportunities in value-added processing
– Producers and value-added products in Latin America
– Flavored milks, drinkable yogurts and other products
– Selling product ideas and marketing
– Comments and review of products
– Panel discussion on capital expenses, good manufacturing practices and regulations
– Small group discussions on identifying barriers and opportunities
The Southeast Research Station is located at 41217 Bethel Road off La. Highway 16 in Franklinton. The station can be reached at 985-839-3202.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture