What should you bring?
- Portfolio with a note paper and pen
- Job description
- Questions for the interviewer
- Master resume for reference
- Writing/design/project samples
What should you wear?
- Well-fitting suit
- Clean and pressed clothes
- Clean shoes
- Subtle accessories
- Minimum/no perfume or cologne
- Know the position you are interviewing for.
- Memorize the employer name(s) and address.
- Learn the names of your interviewer(s).
- Know the time, date, and location of your interview.
- When was the institution/company founded?
- Who founded the company?
- Who are some key members of the company?
- What are some industry trends?
- Who is the competition?
- What are some of the company partnerships?
- Write down important notes from their website.
- Find the company's social media.
Job Description Review:
Figure Out Your Selling Points:
- What are three strengths that you possess that are relevant to the job description?
- What are two areas in which you need improvement?
- What are three activities or work experiences that are relevant to the job?
- Remember three stories from previous experiences that show your strengths or weaknesses.
- What are two educational accomplishments that you feel would make you the best person for the job?
- Practice answering common questions.
- Think of questions you want to ask the interviewer at the end of the meeting.
Common Interview Questions:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your education and how it relates to the position for which you are applying.
- What do you consider your greatest strength? What is your greatest weakness?
- Describe your ideal job.
- What is it that excites you, motivates you, or drives you?
- How do you balance your class work, extracurricular activities, and the rest of your life?
- Tell me about the work you have done in class, summer jobs, or
extracurricular activities and how they have prepared you for this
- What was the greatest challenge you ever faced, and how did you approach it?
- What were your most rewarding experiences in school?
- What motivates you to do your best work?
- Describe your work ethic and personality.
- Give me an example of when you had to adapt to change.
- How have your communication skills helped you to be successful?
- What do you feel are your strongest communication skills?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- Why do you want to work for our company/organization?
- How would a co-worker or supervisor describe you?
- What are your career goals in 10 years?
- What interesting book/movie have you read/seen lately?
- Why should I hire you?
8/5/2020 6:57:54 PM