- Experienced in geostatistics, remote sensing and soil fertility. Main focus since beginning of his career is On Farm Precision Agricultural Research. PhD (University of Nebraska - Lincoln, USA), MS and BS (University of Sao Paulo - ESALQ, Brazil). Worked in the Brazilian Agricultural Research Institution (EMBRAPA) from 2002 until 2017 collaborating as Precision Ag Researcher, Remote Sensing Laboratory Coordinator working primarily with cotton, corn and soybeans. Joined LSU in January 2018.
- Work collaboratively with farmers, researchers, crop consultants and commodity groups, mainly conducting large scale experiments on farm using precision agriculture technologies.
- Perform validation of new sensors and farm machinery apparatus to support big data collection on farmer fields to generate applied solutions, such as variable rate prescriptions.
- Conduct applied research in areas of soil fertility/plant nutrition, seeding rates.
- Coordinate the Digital Agriculture Initiative at LSU, with objective to generate practical solution using new techniques as deep and machine learning and spatial statistics.
- Teach students demonstrating the use of new precision agriculture equipment, such as drones, sensors and procedures.
Detailed information about curriculum Click in the following link (Resume).