|Department||School of Plant, Environmental and Soil Sciences|
|Address 1||104 Sturgis Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
LSU AgCenter State Specialist - Precision Agriculture
• Experienced in geostatistics, remote sensing and soil fertility. Main focus since beginning of his career is On Farm Precision Agricultural Research. PhD (University of Nebraska - Lincoln, USA), MS and BS (University of Sao Paulo - ESALQ, Brazil). Worked in the Brazilian Agricultural Research Institution (EMBRAPA) from 2002 until 2017 collaborating as Precision Ag Researcher, Remote Sensing Laboratory Coordinator and National Leader of Precision Ag Team in Embrapa for cotton, corn and soybeans. Join LSU in January 2018.
• Work collaboratively with farmers, researchers, crop consultants and commodity groups. Mainly conducting large scale experiments on farm using precision agriculture technologies.
• Perform validation of new sensors and farm machinery apparatus to support big data collection on farmer fields to generate applied solutions to support variable rate input application.
• Conduct applied research in areas of soil fertility/plant nutrition, seeding rates.
• Coordinate the on farm data-driven precision agriculture program at LSU, with objective to generate practical solution using new techniques as machine learning and spatial statistics.
• Teach students demonstrating the use of new precision agriculture equipment, such as drones, sensors and procedures.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture