Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Tours begin at the Northeast Research Station (behind the main office building), 4589 Hwy. 605, St. Joseph, La.
Topics to be discussed by LSU AgCenter Research and Extension faculty during the field tour include:
- Influence of Corn Hybrid Type on Optimal Plant Population and Yield
- Effect of planting date and maturity group selection on soybean production
- Thrips and plant bug management in cotton
- Redbanded stink bug control in soybeans
- Nitrogen recommendations for Corn in Louisiana and current Enhanced Efficiency Nitrogen products
- Nitrogen Management Using Crop Sensors and Crop Rotation
- Moisture effects on residual herbicide activation
- Soil management practices to reduce erosion and nutrient loss/Local water quality projects
Sponsored lunch will be provided at noon.
Please contact Donnie Miller
, Resident Coordinator, at 318-766-4607
for information concerning the field day.