The third annual Dean Lee Beef Cattle & Forage Field Day will be held on October 8, 2015,
at the State Emergency Shelter Center off Highway 71 South in Alexandria, Louisiana. Registration is at 2:30 p.m. See attached flyer
The field tour will consist of the following:
- Nutrient Runoff from Winter Pastures
- Utilizing Different Planting Methods of Winter Forages
- Body Condition Scoring
- Cellular Traps for Feral Hogs
- Armyworm Control and Bermuda Stem Maggot
- Pasture Weed Control with Non-2,4-D Herbicides
- Standing Forages & Winter Supplementation
- Administrative Comments
- Grazing Management for Beef Producers
- LA Master Cattleman Graduation
- LA Cattlemen's Association Update
A sponsored meal will be served after the program.
For more information regarding beef cattle research at the Dean Lee Research Station, please contact Dr. Glen Gentry at (318) 473-6520 or email@example.com.