If you are a graduating senior, you should apply for a Louisiana 4-H Scholarship. St. Tammany Parish 4-H can enter three 4-H’ers in each scholarship category except for all LSU honor scholarships, which have no limit. Applicants for the LSU honor scholarships at the LSU-Baton Rouge campus must have participated in 4-H University. All scholarship applications must be received in the Louisiana 4-H Foundation office by Thursday, March 1, 2012, at 4:30 p.m.
Please note the following reminders regarding the 2012 scholarship applications:
- A parish may enter three entries per scholarship. A 4-H member may enter any Louisiana scholarship they qualify for, but a parish is limited to three entries per scholarship, except for all LSU honor scholarships, which have no limit. Applicants for the LSU honor scholarship on the LSU-Baton Rouge campus must have participated in the 2011 4-H University.
- Applications are to only cover the last three years of 4-H work; no project book is required.
- Applicants for the $100.00 parish scholarships need only to complete Section 1 and 6 and turn in to the Foundation office. Name submission will not be accepted.
- The deadline for applications to be received in the state 4-H Foundation office is Thursday, March 1, 2012, at 4:30 .pm. This deadline will be strictly enforced.
- This is the last year of funding for the LA Milk Producers Scholarship. Applicants for the LA Milk Producers Scholarship must attach proof or show proof in their records that either their: (1) parents are current dairymen or; (2) grandparents are current dairymen or; (3) parents or grandparents are former dairymen back to 1994.
- Applicants for scholarships must be a 2012 graduating high school senior and entering college or technical school in the fall 2012.
General scholarship requirements are:
- 4-H Scholarship Application Form (extra pages added where option is given). Application must be typed.
- Transcript of grades; including mid-term grades signed by an appropriate school official.
- Copy of ACT scores.
- Letter of recommendation from an academic advisor (teacher, guidance counselor, principal) on school letterhead stationary.
- Must meet requirements as stipulated in criteria.
Club members submitting applications for more than one scholarship need only submit a single form. Please do not hesitate to contact our office at 985-875 – 2635 if you have any questions.
More information and scholarship application files are available on the 4-H Foundation web site, click here to download the scholarship application in Word or PDF format.