Lisa Benoit, Thomas, Leslie C. | 10/4/2011 11:19:54 PM
* Deliver recreational, social and educational programs for military youth living in civilian communities.
* Educate the public on the impact of the deployment cycle on Soldiers, families, kids and the
As part of our Operation Military Kids Project, we are starting a supply drive to make Hero Packs, which serve as a tangible expression of support for military families from their communities. They are backpacks filled by non-military youth with mementos and items that help connect youth with their deployed parent.
These Hero Packs are a hands-on way for youth to hand deliver a salute to military children and youth for their strength and sacrifice while parents are deployed.
You can assist the 4‐H Junior Leader Club with this service project by collecting and donating any of the following items needed to make the Hero Packs:
* Fun Items: stuffed animal, Frisbee, stickers, puzzle and other non‐breakable games/toys.
* Communication Tools: disposable camera, photo album, stationery, journal.
* Backpack or drawstring bag in which to put items.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture