On Wednesday, November 24, 2021, Lafourche parish will host the Southwest Regional Rabbit Show at the Lafourche Parish Agriculture Building (Raceland, La.)
Rabbit Registration will be PRE-ENTRY ONLY. Please go to the following link to register for the Regional Show https://forms.gle/Ru7Haeb8cmsX7AZJA by November 19th.
*** With the current situation of RHV across the country, LDAF will require CVI’s on all rabbits attending a show in Louisiana. This includes all shows, not just those affiliated with 4-H. In order to participate in the Regional Rabbit Show you MUST have Health Papers from a Veterinarian with each rabbit listed that is present at the show. This is to assure the health and safety of yours and other exhibitor’s rabbits at the show. Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus is a very serious disease. We need to do our part to help keep it out of the state. Health papers help protect all of our exhibitors animals not only from RHV but other contagious diseases as well.***
Showmanship will begin at 9:00 a.m. ~ Judging will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m.
Rabbit Show Entry Rules:
1. Youth who were bona fide Louisiana 4-H and FFA members within 30 Days of Show may enter.
2. There will be a $3 entry fee per rabbit exhibited.
3. All rabbits must be checked in no later than 9:00 a.m. on the day of Show. Animal check in will begin at 8:00 am. Showmanship will begin at 9:00 a.m. Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m.
4. This will be a one-day carrying cage show. Exhibitors must use a leak proof cage. Judging will follow the ARBA Standard of Perfection.
5. Youth can exhibit more than one entry per class. A Meat Pen Class will also be judged.
6. Youth must exhibit their own rabbits. Youth will have to be excused by Superintendent before another youth can show for him/her.
7. All entries should be legibly earmarked in left ear. You may use a Sharpie marker.
8. Youth must have their rabbit(s) ready for showing when the class is called. If an exhibitor is not at the judging table after the third call, the rabbit(s) will be disqualified from exhibition.
9. Exhibitors should participate in any educational activities that may be provided.
10. All sick rabbits will be removed from the show area.
11. All judges’ decisions will be final.
12. Exhibitors and other persons not adhering to the show rules or practicing unsportsmanlike behavior will be asked to leave the show barn; in this case, such exhibitors will be barred from competition and receipt of awards.
Rabbit Show Classes and Awards:
Each breed in which at least six (6) entries are entered will be judged separately. All others will be entered in Any Other Pure Breed Classes (for a list of classes, please refer to the ARBA Standard of Perfection or contact your local, 4-H Agent). Colors/varieties within breeds will be judged separately in breeds where there are enough entries. Each breed will have a Best of Breed and Best Opposite. Best in Show and Best Meat Pen will also be awarded. Ribbons or rosettes will be awarded to all exhibitors. Meat Pen Exhibitors will receive a rosette.
Classes of does and bucks will be judged using the following age classes: Junior Rabbits (4-6 months old); Intermediate Rabbits (6-8 months old); Senior Rabbits (over 8 months old). Breeds without intermediate classes should be entered as seniors. In each class, the top 5 rabbits will be placed. All other exhibitors will receive participation ribbons.
Meat Pen Rules:
1. Shall consist of 3 rabbits not over 70 days of age with each rabbit not less than 3 pounds and not over 5 pounds.
2. Shall consist of the same breed and variety/color. All recognized meat type breeds will be accepted (excluding lops).
3. Each exhibitor must show their own pen; one assistant will be allowed at the show table. No adults will be accepted as assistants.
4. Exhibitors must own doe at time of kindling or purchase doe and liter 30 days prior to show.
5. There will be a $2 entry fee per meat pen.
**Mask should be worn at all times to protect the safety of our 4-Her`s and everyone in attendance. We ask that everyone practice social distancing throughout the show.
I, the undersigned, hereby acknowledges and releases the LSU AgCenter, Louisiana 4-H, Lafourche Parish 4-H Program, the livestock show, show committee members, clubs, cities, parishes, parish police juries, facility owners, sponsors, or any individual/organization associated with the show from all responsibility and liability for accidents, illnesses, injuries, loss of items, loss of life, etc., in any way. We acknowledge that participation is voluntary and will be attending at own risk. Furthermore, agreement is made to follow and adhere to all LSU AgCenter rules and Code of Ethics.