The Lafayette Parish region of south Louisiana was settled by French-speaking Acadians in the mid-1700s. Lafayette began as Petit Manchac in the mid-1700s when the English and Indian traders flocked to the point where the Old Spanish Trail crossed the Vermilion River. The town's name was changed to Lafayette in 1884. Today, Lafayette is a center of the gulf oil and gas industry.
|4-H Youth Development|
|About the Parish|
|Family & Consumer Sciences|
|Lafayette Parish Master Gardeners|
|Faculty & Staff|