Don't miss out on the fun! The Iberville Parish 4-H is sponsoring a Pet Show for the Cloverbuds on March 22, 2014 at the Mike Zito Multi-Purpose Arena on C. M. Mike Zito Lane in Plaquemine, LA. Show will begin at 9:00 and awards will be distributed immediately afterwards with all activities ending at 12:00 noon.
The pet competition is open to registered Iberville Parish 4-H Cloverbud members only! If you are interested in registering your child, please contact Kathy Jones at (225) 687-5155.
Awards will be issued for the following categories: longest tail, longest ears, best dressed, shortest legs, largest, smallest, pet & owner look-a-like, best trick and an overall Best of Show Winner.
The deadline to register your Cloverbud member is March 18, 2014 so call the 4-H office at (225) 687-5155 today!
Rules are as follows:
- Competition is open to registered Iberville Parish 4-H Cloverbud members only!
- Pet can only be exhibited by one 4-H'er. 4-H'ers must exhibit their own pets.
- A 4-H'er can exhibit only one pet in each category (which means a maximum of 3 pets may be exhibited by a 4-H'er).
- Animals must be 8 weeks old or older.
- Only healthy animals that have been immunized with eight-in-one and rabies shots may be shown. (If unsure about whether your pet meets these health requirements, contact a local veterinarian).
- Exhibitors must maintain control of animal/pet at all times.
- Leashes and/or pet carriers are required to prevent pets from roaming around.
- Water bowls for pets are strongly recommended.
- Livestock will not be allowed in the pet show including chickens, rabbits, cattle, horses, swine, sheep or goats.
Parents Note: This is NOT a professional show!
Download a copy of flyer below.