The Sugarcane Contest will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, September, 24, 2011 during the Sugarcane Festival. Please click on the link below for the judging scorecard and registration form
Rules and Regulations Governing the Contest:
1. This contest is limited to all bonafide FFA and 4-H members.
2. A team shall be composed of three members from a bonafide FFA Chapter or 4-H Club.
3. Four exhibits of three stalks each will be used to judge three or four varieties of cane.
4. No oral reasons will be required, but written reasons on all or some of the placing will be required.
5. In case of one or more ties, the team or teams giving the best written reasons, according to the judge, will be declared winner or winners.
1. Have your teams report to the chairman at the Cyr-Gates Community Center located in New Iberia City Park at 8:30 a.m. for instructions.
2. Three awards, consisting of trophy cups, will be awarded for the first, second and third place winning teams. A plaque will be awarded to the high-scoring individual of the contest.
3. Blue ribbons will be awarded to the members of the first place team, red ribbons to the second place team and white ribbons to the third place team members.
4. The trophy will remain on permanent display at the school pertaining to the 4-H Club or the FFA Chapter.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture