Christina F. Guillory | 12/17/2010 2:51:09 AM
Record keeping is an important part of every 4-H educational project. The 4-H portfolio is a record of the 4-H'ers accomplishments throughout the year. All 4-H members should keep this book from year to year, adding to it each year. Up to three years of 4-H work may be included. This form is designed to help 4-H’ers keep records and other supporting materials in an orderly manner. The basic format of this book should not be altered. All 4-H project book(s) should also be included when turning in the portfolio.
Begin now - don't wait! The completed 4-H Record Book (Portfolio) is due to your 4-H school sponsor by their announced deadline, or by your April 4-H club meeting, or by April 15, 2011, at the Evangeline Parish 4-H Office.
Tips for completing your 4-H project books and record books include:
• Be sure your name and your school name is on all books turned in to the 4-H office.
• Write neatly.
• Use pencil or ink for your project books. You can type or print your answers for your 4-H Portfolio.
• Ask your parents or friends to take photos of you doing projects and other 4-H activities and include these in your book.
• Turn in projects you have made from your project book.
• Complete as many activities in your project book as you can.
• If you cannot complete an activity, tell why: Was it difficult? Did you need help?
• Don’t forget to include ribbons, certificates or photos of 4-H awards you have received.
Helpful Hints for Writing Your 4-H Story:
• Begin by introducing yourself. Include your name, age, school, and grade.
• Tell about your family, hobbies, and favorite things you like to do.
• Tell why you joined 4-H and how long you have been a 4-H member.
• Tell about the project book you selected. What did you learn? What was your favorite activity?
• Tell about 4-H activities you participated in at school and in the parish. Did you receive any awards for your participation?
• Tell about what you would like to do in 4-H next year.
• Write neatly. You may use pencil, ink or type your story.
Certificates of Achievement will be awarded to 4-H members who submit one or more project books with completed work.
Portfolios must be submitted to the 4-H office by 4:30 p.m. on April 15, 2011.
• One or more completed 4-H project books.
• A completed 4-H Portfolio including parent and leader signatures.
• A 4-H Story.
• Supporting materials such as photos and news articles with your name or school name highlighted.
• Ribbons, certificates and any other materials which support your 4-H work.
Project books and 4-H Portfolios must be completed by 4-H member. Project books and 4-H Portfolios must be neat and organized. Please place materials in a binder or folder and label it with the 4-Her’s name and school name.
Many awards, educational trips and college scholarships are given to club members on the basis of their records and project work.
Below are results of the past several years’ portfolio competition for Evangeline Parish 4-H’ers.