This page provides important information regarding applications for parish and state awards along with the leader guide supplied to club leaders. For questions or more information please contact the 4-H Office.
In an effort to recognize graduating 4-H seniors, the Louisiana 4-H Foundation sponsors the 4-H Honor Cord awards. Please visit the following 4-H Honor Cord application link for award criteria and information.
2022 4-H Honor Cord qualification information and application link: Senior Honor Cords (lsuagcenter.com)
The state deadline for submission is Friday, January 29th.
1. Must be 14 years or under by January 1 of the club year application is made.
2. Must have at least two (2) years of 4-H club work, including award year.
3. Must score at least 250 points on the application scorecard.
4. This award can only be won by the 4-H member one time.
1. Must be 15 years of age (or older) by January 1 of the year application is made.
2. Must have three years of 4-H club work, including award year.
3. Must have completed one year of active Junior Leadership work excluding award year.
4. Must score at least 360 points on the application and scorecard.
5. A club member can only win this award one time
Purpose of this Award: To reward 4-H members who have shown exceptional work within the 4-H program, especially at the parish, district, and state level.
Outstanding 4-H Club Members shall be members who have participated in numerous 4-H activities and/or contests, community service projects, and who have turned in their completed 4-H Portfolio and this application form by March 1, 2021.
Please note: Completing this application does not guarantee that you will be selected as an Outstanding 4-H Club Member.
Have you participated in many 4-H activities this year? If so, you may want to consider completing an Outstanding Club Member application. The Outstanding Club Member applications are used to choose “outstanding club members” from the CalcasieuParish 4-H program who have been extremely active in the program. Outstanding Club Members are chosen based on their participation throughout the year in 4-H events, activities, and service projects. You must turn in a completed 4-H portfolio by March 1, 2021 to be considered for this award. The applications are due to the 4-H Office by March 1st either by dropping it off at the 4-H Office OR emailing completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members who turn in applications after March 1st will not be considered for outstanding member recognition.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture