The Louisiana Legislature passed a bill to create Beauregard Parish out of the northern area of Imperial Calcasieu Parish in 1912 and the bill took effect at the beginning of 1913. The Parish was named after P.G.T. Beauregard, a Confederate general. Although one faction wanted the town of Singer to be the parish seat, DeRidder was chosen by most voters on 15 October 1912.
|About the Parish|
|Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|Family & Consumer Sciences|
|Faculty & Staff|