2/24/2010 11:51:34 PM
Private Applicators and Restricted Use Pesticide (RUP) Examination
The study manual for the Private Pesticide Applicator certification exam and the RUP Salesperson certification exam, the National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual, can be obtained by
1) Picking one up in person during normal business hours Monday-Friday (excluding holidays) at most parish offices of the LSU AgCenter. Call to see if it is available for pickup or for assistance in ordering. Click here to locate your nearest AgCenter office.
2) Picking one up in person on the LSU Campus at 268 Knapp Hall.
3) Purchasing online at the LSU AgCenter Store. Manuals are $8-$15 plus tax and shipping.
Commercial Pesticide Applicator
The category for which an applicator must be certified depends on the area for which the application will be made. If you are unsure what category to become certified in, contact the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry at 225-925-3787 to confirm the correct exam to take.
Category-specific manuals may be obtained by
1) Ordering online at the LSU AgCenter Store.
2) Calling 225-578-5920 if the manual you are looking for is not on the website.
3) Picking one up in person on the LSU Campus at 268 Knapp Hall.
Category Manuals List
General Standards: National Pesticide Applicator Certification Core Manual: $15
Category 1: Agricultural Pest Control: $8
Category 2a: Forest Pest Control (General Forestry): Free
Pest and Pesticide Management on Southern Forests Manual: Free
Category 2b: Forest, Tree, Seed Orchards, and Nurseries: $8
Category 2c: Wood Processing: $8
Category 3: Ornamental & Turf: $8
Category 4: Seed Treatment: Free
Category 5: Aquatic: $8
Category 5b: Antifouling Paint -- TBT: $8
Category 6: Right-of-Way and Industrial : $12
Category 7b: Institutional, Industrial, Structural and Health Related Pest Control: $8
Category 7c: General Pests, Stored Grain Pest Control and Vertebrate Pest Control: $8
Category 7d: Industrial, Institutional, Structural, and Health Related Pest Control -- In and around Schools: $8
Category 8: Public Health Pest Control: $8
Category 8a: Mosquito Control: Must be purchased by calling 985-543-0454 (La. Mosquito Control Association)
Category 8e: Antimicrobial : Free
Category 10: Demonstration and Research: $8
Aerial Applicators Manual: $15