News Release Distributed 06/16/15
BATON ROUGE, La. – Ten members of the LSU AgCenter’s Communications Department won national awards at the annual conference of the Association for Communication Excellence in Charleston, South Carolina, June 8-11.
Awards of Excellence went to Frankie Gould, director, for leadership and management, and Tom Merrill, professor, for diversity.
Gold awards were presented to:
– Linda Benedict, associate director, and Randy LaBauve, video producer, for a 5-minute educational video on ergonomics in the office entitled “Back to the Knees.”
– LaBauve and Matt Faust, media producer, for a video spot promoting the “Agents of Change” documentary on 100 years of Cooperative Extension in Louisiana, which aired on LPB in 2014.
Silver awards were presented to:
– Tobie Blanchard, associate communication specialist, and Craig Gautreaux, communication specialist, for a video news release about a youth with Down syndrome who is an award winner in the 4-H livestock show program.
– LaBauve and a team of six for the 30-minute documentary “Agents of Change.” The team included Benedict; Faust; Gautreaux; Gould; Betsy Neely, graphic artist; and John Wozniak, assistant director.
– Wozniak for a digitally manipulated image on the cover of Louisiana Agriculture magazine depicting a drone flying over Baton Rouge.
In addition, Olivia McClure, graduate assistant, won a bronze award for a feature story about a healthy communities project in northeast Louisiana, jointly conducted by the AgCenter and Pennington Biomedical Research Center.
Linda Foster Benedict
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture