Richard Bogren, Gentry, Glen T.
News Release Distributed 07/22/13
A beef cattle and forage field day will be held Sept. 12 at the LSU AgCenter Dean Lee Research Station and Extension Center on U.S. Highway 71 south of Alexandria.
The program will begin with registration at 3 p.m. and start with the following field tours:
– Nutrient runoff from winter pastures.
– Utilizing different planting methods of winter forages.
– Use of standing forage for winter supplementation.
– Using fixed-timed artificial insemination as a reproductive technology.
– Creep grazing for calf supplementation.
Other topics will include heifer development and management, information on Louisiana Cattlemen's Association programs and promoting Louisiana commodities.
A sponsored meal will be served immediately after the program.
The field day will serve as Louisiana Master Farmer Program Phase II and continuing education units.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture