Richard Bogren, Miller, Donnie K.
News Release Distributed 05/03/12
The LSU AgCenter Northeast Research Station has scheduled a pest management and crop production field day for June 14. Registration will begin at 8:30 a.m. with a field tour at 9 a.m., according to resident coordinator Donnie Miller. Tour subjects will include:
– Using NDVI readings for on-the-go applications.
– Late planting date effects on corn production.
– Insect pest management.
– Weed management.
– Soil pH effects on plant growth and development.
– Planting date and choice of maturity group in Louisiana soybean production.
– Poultry litter compost effects on cotton yield and soil fertility management.
In addition, pest management and crop production updates will be provided following the field tour, Miller said.
The Northeast Research Station is located at 4589 Hwy. 605, St. Joseph. More information is available from Miller at 318-766-4607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Rick Bogren
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture