Mary Ann Van Osdell, Miller, Donnie K.
News Release Distributed 06/06/11
ST. JOSEPH, La. – The annual pest management and crop production field day at the LSU AgCenter Northeast Research Station in St. Joseph will be held Tuesday, June 28, at 9 a.m.
The program will highlight agronomic and pest management research at the station.
Preliminary topics for the field tours include:
– Current research targeting disease management in row crops.
– Cotton production – transgenic versus conventional varieties.
– Alternatives to Temik and herbicide interactions.
– Soil pH effects on plant growth and development.
– Poultry litter compost effects on cotton yield and nematode populations.
– Weed management research.
– Management practices and production input effects on soybean yield in northeast Louisiana.
In addition, several LSU AgCenter administrators and Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry Commissioner Mike Strain will provide updates on programs of interest to producers, consultants and agribusinesses in northeast Louisiana.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture