Veronica Del Bianco | 7/18/2014 7:53:33 PM
Research shows that volunteers are the key to positive youth development because of their longtime mentorship of 4-H youth. The Louisiana 4-H Volunteer Leader’s Association would like to recognize the hard work, dedication and service of Louisiana 4-H volunteers and agents committed to supporting volunteerism. Download an application now.
Rookie Volunteer of the Year
Recognizes a new volunteer who has served for less than 3 years and has shown outstanding dedication to the 4-H program.
Power of Youth
To recognize volunteers whose outstanding efforts exemplify youth and adult partnerships which engage youth in decision-making that affect them and their world.
Excellence in Service-Learning
To recognize volunteers whose efforts have contributed to an outstanding service-learning project or program.
Above and Beyond
To recognize volunteers who go above and beyond and make a significant contribution to their parish program.
To recognize a volunteer who has implemented new and innovative educational efforts or infused existing programs with new approaches that have had a direct impact on the youth development experience for youth. Programs will exemplify use of new teaching methods, new curriculum, new programming and/or new recruiting techniques.
Outstanding Club Work
To recognize a club leader who has an outstanding club program exemplifying positive youth development.
Agent of the Year
To be awarded to an agent who shows support of volunteerism in his or her parish, region, or state.
1. Open to all 4-H volunteers. Membership in the VLA is not required.
2. Volunteer may not win in the same category in consecutive years.
3. Volunteer may apply for one (1) or more categories but may only win in a single category in a given year.
4. Application form must be signed by parish 4-H office.
5. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
6. Volunteers will receive a recognition certificate. Non-VLA members will receive a one-year free membership in the VLA. VLA members, who were current paid members during the year of service, will receive a scholarship to the 2014 Volunteer Conference.
7. Nominees may be self-nominated, nominated by other volunteers or nominated by their 4-H agents.
Application materials must be submitted to the Louisiana 4-H Volunteer Leader’s Association (LA 4-H VLA) care of the State 4-H Office by July 31, 2014. Application guidelines vary by award. Please read each award's guidelines carefully. Applications should be submitted for service completed between August 1, 2013-July 31, 2014.
Please submit forms via mail, e-mail or fax to:
Veronica Del Bianco
Volunteer and Leadership Development Specialist
LSU AgCenter, 4-H Youth Development
171 Knapp Hall
110 LSU Union Square
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Office (225) 578-2196
Fax (225) 578-7847
Winners will be notified by August 15, 2014. An announcement will be made publicly by August 31, 2014.