Are you a current or rising junior, senior or grad student interested in working in LSU AgCenter Extension? Spend your summer learning how to plan and conduct extension programs by working alongside our educators at a parish Extension office. Twenty (20) positions are available within Youth Development, Food and Health, and Agriculture and Natural Resources.
- All students pursuing a degree in Agriculture and Natural Resources and related fields, Family and Consumer Sciences, nutrition, extension education, or a related field are encouraged to apply. Others may also be considered.
- Interns earn $15/hour with additional funding for program supplies and travel.
- The internship is 8-10 weeks, approximately 40 hours a week, and not to exceed 400 hours. The position beings late-May through early-August.
- Interns must submit an application and will go through an interview process.
- All interns will complete a project, a two-page project report and a video highlighting their experience.
- Interns may work with their advisor for college credit for the internship.
- Current college student pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Must be pursuing a degree in Agriculture and Natural Resources and related fields, Family and Consumer Sciences, nutrition, extension education, or a related field.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or higher.
- Must be classified as a college junior, senior, or graduate student by the time the internship begins May or June 2024.
Responsibilities and Duties
Interns will work with Extension agents and office staff to coordinate and implement hands-on educational programs and events. This may include:
- Assisting with planning events and activities by gathering information, assembling materials, contacting participants, and soliciting internal and external support.
- When appropriate, conducting training, or other program presentations under the supervision of an Extension professional.
- Seeking information from Extension personnel regarding the history, purpose, and mission of the Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service.
- Providing leadership in planning, marketing, implementing, and evaluating a project in a subject-matter area of their choosing with approval from the supervisor.
- Submitting required materials at the internship's end, including project report, highlight video, and self-appraisal.
The application requires a resume, cover letter, copy of current transcript, and a recommendation letter from a current/past professor or employer. The application closes March 15, 2024, at 11:59 PM.
Read more about the position. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.