Administrative Program Specialist A
- Pay Scale: AS613
- Position Number: R00073813
- Location: Ag Leadership, Baton Rouge, LA
- Overview: This position performs a variety of administrative functions or responsibilities for the statewide Ag Leadership Unit for the LSU AgCenter. The individual in this position assists the Director with the organization of seminars and manages day to day operations utilizing independent judgement and decision making under the supervision of the Director. Some travel is a requirement of this position. This individual must have good communication and organization skills.
- Job Duties: (50%) Seminar preparation to include scheduling, purchasing supplies, arranging food service and accommodations, organizing events, and maintaining vendor relationships. (30%) Manage multiple budgets processes. (10%) Coordinate with leadership on alumni matters to include maintaining an alumni database and organizing business meetings. (10%) Other duties assigned may include organizing mailings to participants, alumni, and donors; editing correspondence, newsletters, and reports; assisting with application and selection process for class participants; and assist with the coordination of social media posts.
- Minimum Requirements: A baccalaureate degree. For more information and substitutions contact www.civilservice.louisiana.gov or the AgCenter HRM office.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the work experience section of the application. Please list all work experience. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. You must include all relevant education and experience on your official application.
- Applicants must have Civil Service test scores for 8100-Professional Level Exam (PLE) in order to be considered for this vacancy unless exempted by Civil Service rule or policy. If you do not have a score prior to applying to this posting, it may result in your application not being considered. All test scores have a two year expiration date.For information on testing visit www.civilservice.louisiana.gov.
- Apply online at Louisiana State University - Careers (myworkdayjobs.com) Application Deadline:11/8/2022 or until suitable candidate is identified.
The LSU Agricultural Center is a statewide campus of the LSU System and provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.