Should you need an ADA accommodation to participate in Caldwell 4-H, please contact 4-H agent Jana Bennett at 318-649-2663.
I pledge my Head to clearer thinking, my Heart to greater loyalty, my Hands to larger service, my Health to better living, for my club, my community, my country, and my world.
Northeast District Horse Show
Northeast District Horse Show results for 13 and Under Division:
- Barrel Racing first place AnnaBeth Strickland, third place Jillian McClanahan, ninth place Mae Dunn
- Pole Bending first place AnnaBeth Strickland, sixth place Jillian McClanahan
- Stake Race first place AnnaBeth Strickland, fifth place Jillian McClanahan
- Goat Tying third place Jillian McClanahan, fourth place AnnaBeth Strickland
- High Point Timed Events second place AnnaBeth Strickland, third place Jillian McClanahan
Northeast District Horse Show results for 14 and Over Division:
- Barrel Racing fifth place Graci Dunn
- Pole Bending seventh place Graci Dunn
- Goat Tying third place Graci Dunn
Caldwell 4-H Summer Review
- 4-H Camp attended by 30 Caldwell 4-H members
- State Horse Show Barrel Racing ninth place Jillian McClanahan
- Shooting Sports State Competition Junior Division Rifle State Champion Maddox Schulte
- Avery Dumas selected as Shooting Sports Ambassador during 4-H University
- 4-H University Consumer Foods Evaluation eighth place Avery Dumas
- Caldwell 4-H Golden Clover awarded to AnnaBeth Strickland
- Caldwell 4-H 4-Star Award recipients Blake Adams, Graci Dunn, Paislee Dunn, Bridger McCann, Lander McCann, AnnaBeth Strickland, Sawyer Watts
- Caldwell 4-H 4-Star Junior Leader recipient Britney Grant
- 2021-2022 Caldwell 4-H Club of the Year Monthly Program awarded to Columbia Elementary Fifth Grade
- 2021-2022 Caldwell 4-H Club of the Year Member Participation awarded to Caldwell Parish Junior High School Sixth Grade Club
- Shooting Sports signup meeting for 2022-2023 club year is scheduled for 6:00 p.m., Monday, September 19 at First Baptist Church Family Life Center in Columbia.
- Deadline to enroll in Shooting Sports is Monday, October 3.
Leaf Identification Contest
- Entries are due to the 4-H office by 4:00 p.m., Friday, October 21.
- Entries submitted after October 21 will not be eligible for cash prizes.
- Submit a binder of 15 pages of leaves, one leaf per page, which have been collected during the current school year.
- Leaves must be from trees or shrubs.
- Tape each leaf on a separate piece of construction or copy paper and identify the leaf using a pen or marker. Be specific when identifying leaves. For example, if a leaf is from a Southern Red Oak, write Southern Red Oak on the page, not just Oak. If the leaf is from a Long Leaf Pine tree, write Long Leaf Pine, not just Pine tree.
- Write your name, school, and grade on the front cover of your binder.
Safety Poster Contest
- Entries for the 2022 Safety Poster Contest are due to the 4-H office on Friday, November 4.
- Create a poster on a specific safety topic, for example, fire safety, food safety, internet safety.
- Posters must be on any color 22 inch by 28 inch poster board.
- Posters will be judged on originality, neatness, safety information and eye catching design.
- Your name, age, school, and grade should be written on the back of the poster in the upper right corner.
- Posters submitted after November 4 will not be eligible for first, second, or third place awards.
Fall Foods Festival and Consumer Foods Judging Contest
- Contest will be held Monday, November 7, 8:45 a.m., at Union Central Elementary School
- Members must preregister for both contests by calling the 4-H office at 318-649-2663 by 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 2
- Dish categories are Quick and Easy Ground Beef, Main Dish Beef, Chicken, Egg, Rice Main Dish, Rice Any Other, Pecan, Sweet Potato, and Corn (new category)
- All dishes must be already prepared and ready to serve.
- All dishes must be chilled, cold to the touch, and transported in an insulated, hard case ice chest with ice. Styrofoam ice chests are allowed.
- Dishes transported in insulated totes or bags will be disqualified.
- Alcohol is not allowed in any recipe.
- Dishes that won first place in last year's contest cannot be entered in this year's contest.
- Members who do not want to enter a dish can still compete in the Consumer Foods Judging Contest in which participants will rank classes of food items based on factors as such as health, cost, lifestyle, or other requirements in a given situation and give written reasons for ranking.
- Complete contests rules, dish category requirements, and recipe forms are available at the 4-H office located at 106 Jackson Street in Columbia.
Healthy Living: Mental Health
Mindfulness is being present and fully engaged with whatever we are doing at the moment, free from distraction or judgment, and aware of our thoughts and feelings without getting caught up in them, which is helpful when faced with difficult situations. It doesn't eliminate stress or other difficulties, and doesn't mean we never get angry; instead, by becoming aware of unpleasant thoughts and emotions that happen because of challenging situations, we have more choice in how to handle them in the moment and a better chance of reacting calmly and compassionately, or perhaps, occasionally with measured anger. It allows us to be more thoughtful in how we want to respond when faced with stress or challenges.
- September 30 Ark-La-Miss Fair opens
- October 2-8 National 4-H Week
- October 3 Caldwell Shooting Sports signup deadline
- October 8 Art and Folk Festival
- October 9 Ark-La-Miss Fair closes
- October 21 Leaf Identification contest entries due
- October 26 Louisiana State Fair Livestock Show begins
- November 2 Preregistration deadline for Fall Foods Festival
- November 4 Safety Poster Contest entries due
- November 7 Fall Foods Festival
- November 13 Louisiana State Fair closes
- November 28 Garments and data forms due for Fashion Revue
- December 5 Fashion Revue Appearance Judging
Membership and participation in activities and events are open to all citizens without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, veteran status or disability. If you have a disability that requires special accommodation for your participation, please contact us at 318-649-2663. Louisiana 4-H is an educational program of the LSU AgCenter. The LSU AgCenter and LSU provide equal opportunities in programs and employment.