Should you need an ADA accommodation to participate in Caldwell 4-H, please contact 4-H agent Jana Bennett at 318-649-2663.
Entries for the 2023 Caldwell 4-H Dairy Billboard Contest are due by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 24.
The purpose of the Dairy Billboard Contest is for 4-H members to :
- learn more about milk and milk products and their importance to healthy bodies.
- demonstrate communication skills by drawing a billboard encouraging or promoting the consumption of milk and/or milk products.
- share their knowledge with others.
- Division 1 Grades 4 through 6
- Division 2 Grades 7 and 8
- Division 3 Grades 9 through 12
- 4-H club members are to draw a billboard that encourages or promotes the consumption of milk and milk products from Dairy Cattle Only and their importance for health.
- Billboard design must be made on any color 22-inch by 28-inch regular poster board size only.
- Do not attach anything to the poster that is more than one-half inch thick and no glitter.
- Do not use commercial brand names of products on the poster. Do not use jingles, slogans, signs or pictures that are trademark or copyright protected on the poster.
- Be sure to print your name, address, grade in school, and parish on the back of the poster in the upper right corner.
- Posters turned in after February 24 will not be eligible to place first, second, or third or win cash prizes.
- First place billboards will be sent to LSU to be judged in a statewide contest.
First place parish winners will receive a rosette ribbon. Prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place winners. Participant ribbons will be given to all contestants.
For more information, contact 4-H agent Jana Bennett at 318-649-2663.
Membership and participation in activities and events are open to all citizens without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, veteran status or disability. Louisiana 4-H is an educational program of the LSU AgCenter. The LSU AgCenter and LSU provide equal opportunities in programs and employment.