Try this fresh fig salad for a different twist on a Louisiana summer favorite!
Toasted Louisiana pecans complement this fruit so well. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Louisiana pecans
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt, to taste
- 24 fresh figs, any variety - stems removed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Toast pecans in a skillet over medium/high heat, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Combine vinegar, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, cayenne pepper and salt in a small bowl and whisk briskly to combine.
- Cut washed and stemmed figs in half. Arrange on a place or platter and sprinkle with feta cheese and toasted pecans.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and garnish with fresh chopped basil, if desired.