4-H and FFA members are welcomed to participate in the annual Louisiana Beef Industry Council Beef Poster Contest! This contest encourages participants to learn more about the beef industry while also promoting the beef industry, beef products, and beef nutrition. Through creative and original thinking participants will develop a visual form of marketing communication to convey thoughts and ideas.
2021 LBIC Beef Poster Contest Theme: GREEN BEEF
Posters must be on “22 x 28” poster board only.
- Posters must be on a "22 x 28" poster board or submitted using a digital platform.
- Place your NAME, ADDRESS, AGE, GRADE IN SCHOOL AND PARISH/CHAPTER on the back, upper right corner of the poser.
- Digital entries must be designed using one of the following programs: Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Canva. Digital designs should be formatted for “22 x 28” poster size prints. All digital entries must be saved in high-resolution 300 DPI in ALL of the following: original design file, .png file format, and .pdf file format. Digital designs should be saved to a blank jump drive, placed in a 3 ½ x 6 blank envelope labeled with NAME, ADDRESS, AGE, GRADE IN SCHOOL, AND PARISH/CHAPTER on the front. Contact state contest coordinator for alternative delivery format.
- Posters and digital designs should generate positive images and promotion of beef (not live cattle production) using the indicated theme. Posters should promote beef without projecting any negative messages towards other agricultural commodities (chicken, pork, etc.).
- DO NOT use copyrighted materials
- You may develop ideas from magazines, parents, friends, nutrition bulletins, Beef Ambassador Fact Sheets, and meat publications but the end concept should be original and not copied material.
- NO TEMPLATES may be used in the digital division. All design work must be original and from scratch, just as a poster would be designed.
- Pictures, clip-art and materials (i.e. cartoon characters, advertisements, logos, etc.) that are copyrighted may not be used on the poster. The poster will be disqualified if copyrighted materials are used.
- Computer generated clip-art may be used on the poster if it is not copyrighted material.
- Materials to pull ideas from are also available from your local supermarket, butcher, the American Meat Institute and National Livestock and Meat Board.
Division 1 - 4th-6th graders
Division 2 - 7th-9th graders
Division 3 - 10th-12th graders
Division Digital - All grades compete together