- Pay Scale:WS216
- Position Number: R00050965
- Location: Botanic Gardens, Baton Rouge, LA
- Minimum Requirements :A baccalaureate degree with at least twenty-four semester hours in any one or a combination of botany, agriculture, agronomy, forestry, horticulture, floriculture, or landscape architecture. For more information and substitutions contact www.civilservice.louisiana.gov or the AgCenter HRM office.
- Possession of a valid Horticulture, Arborist and Pesticide Applicator’s license must be maintained through proper testing and professional continuing education.
- This is a specialized position that has responsibility for the appearance and health of several hundred small and large trees on approximately 450 acres of well-maintained grounds and woodlands. Implementing and maintaining some hardscape will also be required of this position.
- Responsible for identifying, prioritizing and performing the daily activities of grounds maintenance and upkeep including tree and landscape maintenance; tree trimming and pruning; application of fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides; aeration and mulching; removal and replacement of hardscape and landscape plant materials. Responsible for use, preventive maintenance, and training related to horticultural and arborist equipment. Supervises the growing and planting of native trees and shrubs in the nursery.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the work experience section of the application. Please list all work experience. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. You must include all relevant education and experience on your official application.
- No testing required. Must apply online at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSUor through Workday for internal applicants.
- Application Deadline: 11/22/2020 or until suitable candidate is identified.
The LSU Agricultural Center is a statewide campus of the LSU System and provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer