Give a throw pillow a face-lift with an easy fleece pillow cover. Fleece is a no-fray fabric that comes in tons of designs — from sport and character themes to geometric and floral designs or even solid colors. Repurpose an old fleece blanket if you have one.
What You Need:
- Throw pillow
- Decorative fleece fabric
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Fabric scissors.
What you do:
- Cut two pieces of fleece 6-inches longer and 6-inches wider than your pillow. You can make it larger if you want longer fringe!
- Lay both pieces of fleece together with edges aligned.
- With fabric scissors, cut 1-inch-wide fringe strips along sides, cutting into the fleece so strips are about 6 inches long.
- Remove a small square of fabric from each corner to get rid of the extra bulk.
- On three of the four sides, tie the bottom and top fringe pieces together in a double knot.
- Slip your pillow form through the fourth or open side and continue tying fringe together until all sides are done.
To learn more about no sew craft projects, check out the No Sew Style Project Activity Guide.