National 4-H Conference is an opportunity for youth to be involved in a planning forum to give direction to the future of 4-H. Each year 4 members are selected to attend this working conference. Those who attend are expected to be knowledgeable about 4-H in Louisiana and interested in helping to implement new programs when they return. Youth who are selected as National Conference Delegates will serve on a Louisiana 4-H State Leadership Board.
National 4-H Conference Objectives:
- To help youth and adults develop to their maximum potential by providing opportunities to participate actively in 4-H youth program development within their states and provinces and at the national level.
- To assist states in the future development of a system for involving youth, volunteers, and professional staff in 4-H program planning in their states.
- To provide a system for an exchange of 4-H programming ideas among delegates.
- Applicants must be a sophomore (10th grade) in high school when they apply and junior when they attend in the Spring of 2020.
- All youth interested in applying must submit an online application
- Provided is a paper application for reference. It is recommended that you answer the questions in a word processor. You can then copy/upload into the online submission portal. You can not save and return later to the online portal. Please read all instructions in the application and online submission portal before submitting.
- Contact your 4-H Agent for more information and before applying.
Applications are due May 6, 2019 by 4:30 pm through the online system.
Link to Online Application: Online System