Chances are, we all know someone affected by heart disease and stroke because about 2,300 Americans die of cardiovascular disease each day, an average of 1 death every 38 seconds (American Heart Association).
But together we can change that!
Heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions. Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices. The biggest part of living healthy comes down to simply making healthy choices. While you can’t change things like age and family history, the good news is that even modest changes to your diet and lifestyle can improve your heart health and lower your risk by as much as 80 percent.
Why is physical activity so important for health and well being?
1. It's a natural mood lifter.
2. It keep you physically fit and able.
3. It keeps the doctors away.
Being more active can help you:
1. lower your blood pressure
2. boost your levels of good cholesterol
3. improve blood flow (circulation)
4. keep your weight under control
5. prevent bone loss that can lead to osteoporosis
Make a difference: Spread the word about strategies for preventing heart disease and encourage people to live heart healthy lives.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture