Caldwell 2018 4-H Camp Forms

Pamela Mcguire  |  3/14/2018 8:02:41 PM

The wait is over! It's time to register for 4-H Camp. Caldwell 4-H'ers will camp this year from June 11-15. To be eligible to attend, a 4-H'er must be in the 4th, 5th or 6th grade and be 12 years of age or younger on Jan. 1, 2018. Camp fee is $200 and includes meals, lodging, transportation, a t-shirt and picture. A non-refundable $75 deposit for summer camp must be paid by Friday, April 20 to reserve your spot for camp. Payment is by check or money order only, made payable to Caldwell 4-H. All remaining fees must be paid and all camp forms completed and turned in to the 4-H office by Tuesday, May 29. To register, come to the LSU AgCenter office located at 106 Jackson Street in Columbia. Do not send money or forms to school. There will be a $25 charge for returned checks.

4-H Camp is held at Camp Grant Walker, an 80-acre camp site located near Pollock, Louisiana about 15 miles northeast of Alexandria. Caldwell will camp this year with Bienville, Grant, Lincoln, Ouachita, Red River, St. Helena and Union parishes. Each parish is assigned its own cabins with girls and boys bunking in separate cabins. While at camp, 4-H'ers will participate in educational activity tracks and also have free recreational time. Camp week lasts four days, starting on Monday afternoon when the boys and girls arrive and ends on Friday morning after breakfast when campers return home. This year's camp theme is Treasure Your Memories. 4-H Camp is a learning experience that helps boys and girls appreciate the outdoors, live together as a group, get along with others and appreciate people with different interests and backgrounds.

If you are interested in going to camp, please come by our office as soon as possible to sign-up. Our camp numbers are limited and registration is on a first-come, first-pay basis.

4-H Camp Forms

Forms required for 4-H Camp are attached at the bottom of this document. Bring completed forms and camp fee to the 4-H office at 106 Jackson Street in Columbia.

  • Louisiana 4-H Overnight Event Permission / Health Form: A photograph of the camper is required for this document.
  • Parent Consent for Administration of Medication: If your child will need to take prescription medication while at camp, please provide all the required information. If your child does not require any prescription medication at camp, please fill in the camper's name and parish and write "NO MEDICATION" at the top of the page.
  • Code of Conduct for 4-H Events: Camper must read, sign and date.
  • Annual Hold Harmless Participant Waiver and Release Form: Please remember to complete the Home Address, Parish and Phone Number sections of this form.
  • Food Allergy and Special Dietary Needs Form: Complete only if camper has food allergies or special dietary needs.

Rate This Article:

Have a question or comment about the information on this page?

Innovate . Educate . Improve Lives

The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture