The Caldwell 4-H Photography Contest gives members the opportunity to use their creativity as well as their critical thinking, decision making and communication skills. Entries for the Caldwell 4-H Photography Contest are due in the 4-H office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 15, 2023. The three contest categories are A Story or Series, People, Structures or Buildings and Plants or Animals.
Entries in the Story or Series category must have 5 or 6 photographs that tell a story or show a series of events.
Entries in the People, Structures or Buildings category must have photographs of 5 or 6 different people or 5 or 6 different structures or 5 or 6 different buildings.
Entries in the Plants or Animals category must have photographs of 5 or 6 different plants or 5 or 6 different animals.
1) Photographs must be taken by the 4-H club member during the 2023 calendar year.
2) Each category consists of 5 or 6 photographs equally spaced on a 22 inch by 28 inch sheet of poster paper.
3) Include a short caption under each photograph.
4) 4-H'ers may enter one category, two categories, or all three categories, but only one entry per category.
5) Write your name, school, grade and category on the back of the poster in the upper left corner.
6) Entries submitted after the December 15 deadline will not be eligible to place first, second or third or win prizes.
60 points for appropriateness of photographs.
20 points for clarity of photographs or being able to see pictures clearly.
20 points for neatness of work.
Awards will be given to the first, second and third place winners in each category.
The Caldwell 4-H Foundation
Should you need an ADA accommodation to participate in Caldwell 4-H, please contact 4-H agent Jana Bennett at 318-649-2663.
Membership and participation in activities and events are open to all citizens without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, veteran status or disability. The LSU AgCenter is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture