Karen Overstreet, Roy, Heli J., Cintron, April E. | 3/7/2005 11:10:09 PM
1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup skim milk
½ cup grated cheese
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
½ bell pepper, chopped (optional)
½ cup celery, chopped (optional)
1 clove minced garlic
1 package macaroni shells (cook according to package directions)
1 can tomato sauce
1. Saute onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in oil in a skillet.
2. Add ground meat and brown well.
3. Heat soup and milk and add to the ground meat mixture.
4. Add cooked macaroni and mix well.
5. Pour into a casserole dish and top with a can of tomato sauce.
6. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of tomato sauce.
7. Bake at 325°F until browned.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture