Karen Overstreet, Roy, Heli J. | 3/7/2005 10:29:42 PM
1 box cornbread mix
Cornbread mix MAY call for:
3 cups cornmeal mix (see recipe below)
1 cup water
2 cups yellow cornmeal
2 cups flour
2/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ cup shortening
Prepare cornbread mix according to package instructions.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Lightly grease muffin tins.
3. Mix egg & water thoroughly. Stir into mix until dry ingredients are barely moistened. Batter will be lumpy.
4. Fill muffin tins two-thirds full.
5. Bake until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
6. Makes 12 muffins
1. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
2. Cut in shortening with a mixer until fine crumbs are obtained and shortening is evenly dispersed.
3. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator. Use within 3 months.
4. Use for cornbread or cornbread muffins.
The LSU AgCenter and the LSU College of Agriculture