Veronica Del Bianco | 7/1/2014 9:08:46 PM
The Louisiana 4-H Volunteer Leader’s Association would like to recognize the hard work, dedication and service of Louisiana 4-H volunteers and agents committed to supporting volunteerism. Research shows that volunteers are the key to positive youth development because of their longtime mentorship of 4-H youth.
1. Open to all 4-H volunteers. Membership in the VLA is not required.
2. A volunteer may not win the same award category in consecutive years.
3. A volunteer may apply for 1 or more award categories but may only win in a single category in a given year.
4. There will be one award winner for each category.
5. Application form must be signed by parish 4-H agent. If parish does not have an agent, the parish chair must sign the application.
6. Incomplete forms will not be considered.
7. All volunteers who do not win will receive certificates of nomination.
8. Award winners will receive a recognition certificate. Non-VLA members will receive 1 year free membership in the VLA. VLA members, who were current paid members during the year of service, will receive a scholarship to the 2015 Volunteer Conference at Camp Grant Walker November 13-14, 2015.
9. Volunteer nominees may be self-nominated, nominated by other volunteers, and nominated by their 4-H agents. 4-H agents must be nominated by a volunteer.
Rookie Volunteer of the Year
To recognize a new volunteer who has served for less than 3 years that has shown outstanding dedication to the 4-H program.
Power of Youth
To recognize a volunteer whose outstanding efforts exemplify youth and adult partnerships which engage youth in decision-making that affect them and their world.
Excellence in Service-Learning
To recognize a volunteer whose efforts have contributed to an outstanding service-learning project or program.
Above and Beyond
To recognize a volunteer who went above and beyond and made a significant contribution to their parish program outside of normal volunteer role descriptions.
To recognize a volunteer who has implemented new and innovative educational efforts or infused existing programs with new approaches that have had a direct impact on the youth development experience for youth. Programs will exemplify use of new teaching methods, new curriculum, new programming and/or new recruiting techniques.
Outstanding Club Work
To recognize a club leader who has an outstanding club program exemplifying positive youth development.
4-H Agent of the Year
To be awarded to a 4-H agent who shoes outstanding support of volunteerism in their parish, region, or state.
Application materials must be submitted to the Louisiana 4-H Volunteer Leader’s Association (LA 4-H VLA) care of the State 4-H Office by August 14, 2015. Please read award guidelines carefully. Applications should be submitted for service completed between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015. Winners will be notified by August 25th, 2015. An announcement will be made publicly by August 31, 2015.
Deadline: August 14, 2015
Submit by fax, e-mail or postal service to:
Veronica Del Bianco
Volunteer and Leadership Development Specialist
4-H Youth Development
171 Knapp Hall
110 LSU Union Square
Baton Rouge, LA 70803