When you build, remodel or buy a home, you have the power of choice. Use this science-based guide to take control of your investment and enjoy a high-performance home that offers so much more than shelter and style alone.
Click on the high-performance home principles and benefits below for planning checklists and articles that can help you shape your home to shape your future.
- Strategic investment-- for lasting benefits.
- Building science facts & fallacies -- what makes it all work (or not).
- Energy-efficient-- for high comfort with low utility bills.
- Earth-friendly-- to preserve our environment for the next generation.
- Durable-- to be free of moisture, decay and other problems and costs.
- Hazard-resistant -- to protect your family and home from hurricanes, floods, termites and fire.
- Healthy -- to live and breathe in a home that’s good for you and your loved ones – at any age and stage of life.
- Convenient and practical-- so you can spend your time and money on other things.