Nutrition Educator 2
(4-H Program Assistant)
- Pay Scale: SS404
- Position Number: R00020748
- Part-time Classified Job Appointment
- Location:Vermilion parish, Abbeville, La.
- Minimum Requirements: One year of nutritional education or counseling; food demonstration; food service; extension service work; or clerical work.
- This position provides support to the faculty in the Vermilion Parish office of the LSU AgCenter. Specific program area support will be to assist the 4-H agent(s) prepare for upcoming 4-H events and activities.Duties will include: Under the guidance of 4-H agent(s), this position organizes and coordinates 4-H educational activities and programs which may include: Provide educational programs/presentations at 4-H club meetings and workshops; Communicate with school system and volunteers in managing the club program; Aid in the implementation of events and activities that support and enhance the 4-H Youth Development Program including, but not limited to junior leader events, project club meeting, clinics, contest days, achievement day activities and livestock events. May also include overnight activities such as 4-H Camp, 4-H University, etc.Coordinate social media communication efforts; Assist with providing volunteer leader training and support; Work cooperatively with other faculty within the parish and region; Exercises initiative in providing assistance with other areas when they are in need of attention and/or extra time is available. Has a positive attitude in dealing with clientele.Performs related duties as assigned.
- No testing required.Must apply on line at https://lsu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/LSU or through workday for internal applicants.
- Application Deadline: 2/26/2018 or until suitable candidate is identified.
The LSU Agricultural Center is a statewide campus of the LSU System and provides equal opportunities in programs and employment. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer